Working at the Y you will discover a career full of diversity with opportunities to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you.
As the largest provider of aquatic education and children's services, the Y employs around 12,000 staff in over 741 communities across Australia.
We look for inclusive people with a real zest for life whose positive and vibrant approach inspires those around them.
Current job openings at YMCA Australia
Safeguarding Prevention Manager
- Lead safeguarding prevention strategies
- Make a difference to safeguarding in Australia
- Dynamic not for profit environment
About the Y
At a critical time in Australia’s history, we are seeking to build a world class team that will deliver tangible safety and well-being benefits to our children and young people, their families and all YMCA Associations across Australia.
As the Safeguarding Prevention Manager, you will be critical to the success of the newly established YMCA Centralised Safeguarding Unit. As a committed and highly skilled leader, you will:
- provide safeguarding expertise and advice in safeguarding prevention activities
- enable the implementation of the YMCA national safeguarding strategy
- Develop and implement safeguarding training and research solutions
- Manage the implementation of children and young people’s voices into our safeguarding work
- Develop and embed a culture of safeguarding children and young people across the Movement
- Work within a team of experts within the centralised Safeguarding Support Unit to inform practice, develop policy and standards that aligns to the YMCAs commitment of safeguarding children and young people