Gymnastics Intermediate Coach
YMCA Geelong is looking for an energetic and enthusiastic team player who is committed to the goals and mission that actively fosters community participation and involvement. The casual Gymnastics Intermediate Coach will be required to possess knowledge and understanding of Gymnastics for children 4-17 years of age and ensure all patrons receive the highest possible level of instruction.
● Direct involvement with the provision of service delivery for the YMCA Gymnastics program including pre-school and school-age gymnastics classes and including Australian levels program as required.
● Instruct, program, spot (where required), develop students within their coaching ability and qualification.
● To act in a mature, reliable and professional manner towards the centre and participants.
● Ensure a clean, neat presentation and appearance at all times.
● Ensure classes start and finish on time.
● To show interest and enthusiasm in your coaching.
● Ensure appropriate qualifications are updated.
● Ensure children are gaining maximum benefit from their classes.
● To arrive on time and set up equipment before each shift begins in preparation for the classes.
● Ensure thorough preparation for each class and provide a high standard of instruction
● Liaise with other coaches regarding equipment usage and allocation of class area.
● Keep abreast of new and innovative teaching techniques.
● To be bright, cheerful and encouraging when coaching.
● Ensure feedback occurs between parents and coaches so everyone is kept up-to-date with progress being made.
● Assess and upgrade children as necessary and communicate changes through to administration.
● Sign and mark off certificates as required.
● Ensure each individual is given adequate attention.
● Involvement with assisting with the YMCA Junior Coaches program as required.
● Attend all staff meetings and training sessions (i.e; Rolls and Lesson Plans) where appropriate.
● Keep accurate records of all classes taught and students in classes.
● Enforce high safety standards for lessons and the public.
● Communicate effectively with supervisor and other coaching staff.
● Maintain responsibility for assigned classes, find own replacement if unable to teach, and telephone change through to the Centre. Comply with procedures for safety, training, purchasing, document control, internal quality audits, corrective and preventative action, customer complaints and control of non-conforming products.
● Take reasonable care for your own health and safety, and for the health and safety of others
● Co-operate with YMCA with respect to legislative occupational health and safety requirements and the ‘YMCA General Health and Safety Guidelines’
● Read, understand and implement the YMCA Safeguarding Children and Young Policy.
● Perform other duties as directed by the supervisor and in line with centre/site objectives.
General Professional Requirements
● Read, understand and conform to YMCA policies and guidelines around the safety of children as outlined in the YMCA’s Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy.
● Works as part of a team and shows professionalism.
● Ensure you are welcoming to all families who enter the facility
● Be punctual in both attendance of shift and attendance at staff meetings.
● Serve as a role model for the principles of inclusion and tolerance.
● Maintain high standards of presentation, personal grooming and adhere to the uniform policy.
● Model effective problem solving and conflict negotiations
● Be committed to maintaining the work area in a clean, safe and presentable state
● Conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the values of the YMCA; Honesty, Responsibility, Caring and Respect
● Comply with and be committed to the maintenance and development of the YMCA Quality Assurance System
● Adhere to work instructions and guidelines within departmental area manuals
● Adhere YMCA Code of Conduct Policy
● Adhere to the guidelines of YMCA’s Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy
● Take reasonable care of your own health and safety, and for the health and safety of others
● Cooperate with the YMCA with respect to legislative Occupational Health and Safety requirements and the ‘YMCA General Health and Safety Guidelines’
● Provide YMCA Geelong with a current copy of Technical Membership and Qualifications on an annual basis.
How to Apply
Position descriptions and YMCA Employment Application forms are available to download on
www.geelong.ymca.org.au. – Jobs @ the Y
All applicants must complete the Employment Application Form on our website and provide a current resume with three referees to be considered for the position.
Safeguarding Children and Young People Requirements
YMCA, including Boards of Directors, is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and
young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework.
YMCA requires that all applicants undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement,
including but not limited to:
a national criminal history check;
• an international criminal history check where applicants have worked overseas;
• holding or obtaining a Working with Children Clearance/ equivalent in accordance with state/
• Two reference checks.
Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and
Young People framework, which includes a thorough safeguarding children and young people
induction and committing to upholding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people
throughout their engagement with YMCA.
For more information Contact: email@example.com
Applications Close 30th June 2019