What a weekend of events and a huge thank you to all involved with the Reimagine Lab Intergenerational Forum, Awards Night & AGM.
What a huge achievement for our Ys collectively, in one of the most challenging years ever. We did it! We engaged, celebrated and discussed important ideas virtually. Thank you so much for your attendance, interaction and great feedback for all events.
Some of our AGM highlights:
– Congratulations to Ben Hubbard who has been appointed as National President of the Y in Australia, with Chris Lewis remaining on the Board as Vice-President, and Tom Stephenson as Treasurer. See details here.
– We welcome newly elected Directors for Y Australia -Gaurav Sareen (NT), Laurice Temple (Vic), Amelia Shaw (Bris), and Tal Karp (Board appointee) was reappointed for another 12 months by the National Board following the AGM. See profiles here.
– We committed to collectively support the further development of our National Safeguarding Unit so as to ensure all children and young people are safe and feel safe at the Y, in their families and in their communities.
– We endorsed a new and contemporary Safeguarding Children Policy and the Speak up Commitment Statement ensuring our collective commitment to these two important pieces of work. See the NSU thank you video here.
– Thank you to our reimagine lab teams who provided four great ideas for us to consider at our intergenerational forum. Thanks to the teams for all their work and the consideration that they put into the ideas. The forum overwhelmingly supported us taking the four ideas further and continue shaping these ideas into action. See CEO Actions and newsletter for more detail.
– Congratulations to all of our 2020 award winners, hero award winners and special recognitions.
See AGM leadership videos:
– President’s Report – Chris Lewis – click here.
– CEO’s Report – Melinda Crole – click here.
– Treasurer’s Report – Tom Stephenson – click here.
– Safeguarding Executive – Phil Doorgachurn – click here.
– National Youth Advocate – Ross Kyrwood – click here.