The Y proudly releases its 2021 Community Impact Report
November 26, 2021
The Y in Australia
The Y is proud to release our 2021 Community Impact Report as a national movement, with our collective highlights in this interactive report – click here. Please take your time and enjoy it (the icon at the top left will help you with navigation). Enjoy!
Some of the highlights of the report:
- Our global connection – we reach over 60 million people a year across 120 countries with nearly 90,000 staff, 920,000 volunteers and 12,000 branches worldwide.
- YMCA at a glance – in Australia, we have over 12,500 staff (including over 8,000 young people) and over 1,000 volunteers.
- Safeguarding children – features our Stay Safe, Tell Someone program and Stay Safe, Tell Someone Online programs.
- Empowering young people – advocacy, youth leadership and youth engagement (WhyNot platform, Virtual Y, YChats, Youth Drop-in Centre, Y Careers, Youth Parliament).
- Positive Community Impact – reaching disadvantaged children and young people with our Y Breakfast program, Vocational schools and the Y Rebuild program for young people in the criminal justice system.
- Strong Social Enterprise – recreation (includes aquatics, gymnastics and camps), disability and inclusion services.
- Children’s Services – special thanks to our frontline workers again this year, in Early Learning Centres and OSHC programs.
- Recognising our people – thanking our staff and board this year. Special recognition to our outgoing National CEO – Melinda Crole and the great legacy she leaves with the Y.