We believe in the power of inspired young people.
We are heroic, creative and nurturing.
We are influenced by a global mission based on Christian values to provide opportunities for all to grow in body, mind and spirit.
We focus on the healthy living, empowerment and social impact of young people.
We must support young people to be heard and give them a trusted place to turn to.
The YMCAs of Australia are guided to achieve our Movement’s values.
- We value the whole person, consisting of body, mind and spirit, each of which is of equal importance.
- We value diversity of people, communities, and nations.
- We value equality of opportunity and justice for all people.
- We value healthy communities based on relationships between people which are characterised by love, understanding and mutual respect.
- We value acceptance and personal responsibility.
Our Cycle of Impact and Inspiration
Believing in the power of inspired young people means we must embrace a cycle of impact and inspiration supporting children to grow into inspired young people and helping adults inspire and support them. Though our activities may be varied, we are united by our positive impact on young people.
- Children – We enrich the lives of children and inspire them to reach their potential.
- Young People – (12-22 years old) are our primary focus.
- Adults – Through our work with adults, we aim to empower them to inspire young people and/or be inspired by them.
Our Manifesto Video